My strategy for avoiding overeating this year.
- I will ignore the email that says someone left donuts or cupcakes in the kitchen.
- I will avoid the kitchen for the next three hours.
- I will keep my butt planted in my chair – rather than magically lifting every 2 minutes in a kitchenly direction – for the next 30 minutes.
- I will wait till someone else removes the outer wrapping.
- I will wait till someone else opens the box.
- I will wait till someone else takes the first one.
- I will not eat in the presence of a co-worker.
- I will only eat a third of a piece.
- I will only eat another third.
- I will self-righteously leave behind some buttercream frosting.
- Or at least some crusty bottom.
- I will offset this indulgence by eating less today at lunch.
- Less tomorrow at lunch.
- It was only a few hundred calories, so I don’t have to eat less, just not repeat this overeating frequently.
- Not repeat it daily.
- Not repeat it again this morning.
- I will not do this ALL THE TIME.
- I will shift money from my vacation account to my clothing account… just in case.
- I will buy a few items of wider clothing, but will keep my tightening pants and shirts (possibly caused by hot water wash?) for when I lose the holiday weight.
- I will do a Good Will clothing drop off next weekend. Sigh.
Latest posts by Howard Zaharoff (see all)
- Flamed Out With Lose It!? Manage Weight Gain with Loosen It! - December 18, 2019
- Escalating Stratagems for Avoiding Overeating This Holiday Season - December 12, 2019
- The Goldfarbs’ Home Rental Rules - August 28, 2019